This content is part of a series.
A Visit from God (3 of 17)
Series: Samson - A Life of Strength and Weakness
1. GOD VISITS PEOPLE WHO HONOR HIM
a) Faithful In Spite of Their Surroundings
b) Faithful In Spite of Their Situation
2. GOD VISITS PEOPLE WHO HEAR HIM
a) They Were Thoughtful of What God Said
b) They Were Trustful of What God Said
3. GOD VISITS PEOPLE WHO HALLOW HIM
a) How the Lord Was Revealed to Them
b) How the Lord Was Reverenced by Them
1. On different occasions in the Bible we find God paying a special visit to man. Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Hagar, to name just a few, had such a visit from God. In the opening scenes of the Biblical record of Samson, we find his mother and father becoming a recipient of such a wonderful visit.
2. As we saw in our last study, the ''angel of the LORD'' that is spoken of frequently in the announcement of Samson's birth was none other than God Himself. Such a personal visit from God is often referred to as a theophany-a visible manifestation of the invisible God. Manoah and his wife had a personal visit from God.
3. I would like to submit to you that God still visits His people. He does not visit us as He did Manoah and his wife-as the angel of the LORD-but none-the-less, He still visit's His people. Job said in Job 10:12, ''Thou hast granted me life and favour, and they visitation hath preserved my spirit.'' Job had found that God's visit had strengthened and sustained him during the dark and difficult times of his life.
4. The songwriter expressed His visits:
Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus
He's the only one who cares and understands.
Standing somewhere in the shadows you will find Him
And you'll know Him by the nail prints in his hand
5. Oftentimes He visits us when we need His visit the most. Maybe you need a visit from God. Oh, how blessed it is when God pays us a visit. I like it when God visits a Church service. His visit can turn a good service i ...
There are 16363 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.