This content is part of a series.
Seeing Through the Darkness (14 of 23)
Series: The Last Days of the Planet Earth
This is a new division in the book of Daniel. It marks the prophetic division. All of Daniel is prophetic, but the first six chapters have a great deal to do with historical settings. Now the 7th chapter has to do with the prophecy and the symbolism of four beasts and we are going to look at that. We are going to see again how God predicted the nations of the world before they came into existence through the prophet Daniel. Daniel understood the times in which he lived.
Daniel 7:1 – In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
We've already seen, as far as chronological thought is concerned, the close of the Babylonian empire and the rise of the Medes and the Persians. That happened at the end of chapter 5, so we are doubling back now and we are being told about a vision Daniel had during the reign of the last Babylonian king named Belshazzar.
(2) Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
(3) And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
(4) The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
(5) And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
(6) After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
(7) After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful ...
There are 25436 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.