1. THE RETURN THAT IS ANTICIPATED
a) The Lord's Return to Heaven
b) The Lord's Return from Heaven
2. THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT IS ASSIGNED
a) Faithful Servants
b) Fearful Servants
3. THE REWARD THAT IS AWAITED
a) Lasting Rewards
b) Lost Rewards
1) Carrie E. Breck, born in Walden, Vermont in 1855; died in Portland, Oregon in 1934, was a devout Christian whose service to God has touched generation after generation. She was not in the best of health, so oftentimes she would take a break from her chores by sitting in a rocking chair with her notebook in which she would write poems. She had no sense of pitch and could not carry a tune. However, she had a great gift for writing poetry. Many of her poems were set to music by others and have become cherished hymns of the Church.
2) One of the most familiar and beloved of her poems is found in the hymn Face to Face:
Face to face with Christ, my Savior,
Face to face--what will it be,
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ Who died for me.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!
3) One day we will stand before the Lord face to face. When, only God knows. How, that is yet to be determined. Either by the grave or by the rapture, we will one day stand before the Lord face to face. I want to ask you the same question that Carrie Breck asked in her poem. When we stand before Him face to face WHAT WILL IT BE?
4) In the parable that Jesus gave in Matthew 25 we see what it can be like. It can be a time when we will receive the personal commendation and welcome of the Lord Jesus. Such a heavenly welcome depends on our Christian service. In the parable that Jesus gave in Matthew 25 we see this heavenly welcome, a welcome that will be given to those who have who have obeyed the will of God for their life and did God's work. Let's think about this heave ...
There are 17608 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.