This content is part of a series.
The Best News
April 29, 2001
Introduction: Here are the top ten church newsletter bloopers courtesy of Christian comedian Mark Lowry. These are those typos that inevitably find their way into Sunday Bulletins and Newsletters. Of course, due to our very conscientious and talented office staff, we never have any of these. If we ever do, it will be totally Kelly's fault!!??! The number ten church bulletin blooper--
10. "Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands."
9. Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
8. Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I will not pass this way again" giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
7. Fasting Conference: The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals.
6. The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
5. The sermon this morning: Jesus walks on the water. The sermon tonight: searching for Jesus.
4. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
3. Remember in prayer those who are sick of our church and community.
2. The church pancake breakfast is next Sunday morning. The deacons would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend them their girdles.
And the number one church blooper: Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.
While any church may have newsletter problems from time to time, it is more important that we do a quality job of communicating THE GREATEST NEWS. Which brings us to our text—
This text is the context for nearly everyone's favorite verse of scripture. Many can quote it. Every Christian loves it. We have ...
There are 11892 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.