This content is part of a series.
Andrew—The Soul Winning Disciple (2 of 15)
TWELVE WHO CHANGED THE WORLD
John 1 :40-42 (CSV) -- (40) Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the two who heard John and followed Him. (41) He first found his own brother Simon and told him, "We have found the Messiah!" (which means "Anointed One"), (42) and he brought [Simon] to Jesus. When Jesus saw him, He said, "You are Simon, son of John. You will be called Cephas" (which means "Rock").
I. THE CONVERSION OF ANDREW
A. The Announcement of John the Baptist, "Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world."(John 1:35-36)
1. Evidently Andrew and another disciple of John the Baptist heard John's words.
2. They had been listening to John proclaim that the Messiah was soon to come.
B. The Receptiveness of Andrew
John 1:37-40 - John 1:40-42 (CSV) - (37) "The two disciples heard him say this and followed Jesus. 38 When Jesus turned and noticed them following Him, He asked them, "What are you looking for?" They said to Him,
"Rabbi" (which means "Teacher"), "where are You staying?" (39)"Come and you'll see," He replied. So they went and saw where He was staying, and they stayed with Him that day. It was about 10 in the morning. (40)
Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the two who heard John and followed Him."
1. Andrew and the other disciple followed Christ to the place where He was staying and spent the rest of the day with Him.
2. Near John the Baptist in the wilderness, probably a rented house or an inn.
3. These two disciples privileged to spend time in fellowship with Jesus and left convinced He was the Messiah.
4. Andrew and John became Jesus' first disciples.
II. THE CALL OF ANDREW
A. Andrew and Peter returned to Capernaum and continued fishing after initial meeting with Christ.
1. It was a later time, probably several months, that Jesus came to Galilee to minist ...
There are 5987 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.