This content is part of a series.
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (4 of 13)
Series: A Closer Look at the Book Ecclesiastes
Steve N. Wagers
August 7, 2005
1. The RECOGNITION that FRUSTRATED Him!
A. Life is Unjust!
B. Life is Unfair!
2. The RIVALRY that FOLLOWED Him!
A. The Men that He Saw!
1. The Competitive Man
2. The Complacent Man
3. The Contented Man
4. The Consumed Man
B. The Message that He Shared!
3. The RELATIONSHIPS that FOOLED Him!
A. The Glorious Outcome of Blessed Relationships!
B. The Grievous Outcome of Bad Relationships!
1. After more than 40 years of marriage, a woman's husband suddenly died. For several months she sat alone in her house with the shades pulled and the doors locked. Finally, she decided that she needed to do something about her situation. The loneliness was killing her.
2. She remembered that her husband had a friend who owned a pet store. She thought that a pet might be good company so, one afternoon, she dropped in to look over the selection. She looked at dogs, cats, goldfish, and even snakes. Nothing seemed quite right. Then, suddenly, she spotted a parrot. She asked the owner, "Does it talk?" He said, "Like a chatterbox. Everyone who comes in the store is amazed by this parrot's friendly disposition and wide vocabulary." She said, "Sold! I'll take it."
3. She took the expensive parrot home. Her problem was solved. She had a companion she could talk to, and one who would answer back. However, she noticed that after a full week the parrot hadn't said a single word, so she went back to the pet store.
4. She informed the owner that the parrot had not spoken a single word. He informed her that she needed to buy a mirror, because a parrot needs a mirror to look at itself and start to feel comfortable, then, in no time, it will begin to talk. She bought the mirror, took it home, and put it into the parrot's cage.
5. However, another week passed and the parrot still hadn't s ...
There are 22706 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.