There Is Peace in the Storm
1. THEY WERE SENT BY THE LORD
A) The Guidance of the Lord
B) The Providence of the Lord
2. THEY WERE SEEN BY THE LORD
A) He Came To Them
B) He Cared For Them
3. THEY WERE SAVED BY THE LORD
A) The Words That Strengthened Them
B) The Work That Stirred Them
1) Over the past several days we have all carried heavy hearts for the literally thousands of people that have been affected by hurricane Katrina. The images we have seen of the destruction Katrina brought are staggering. I have heard several that were interviewed say that what we were seeing on TV does not tell half the story. It is hard to imagine that a city the size of New Orleans is practically a ghost town.
2) Katrina brought in its wake the greatest natural disaster in American history. The full extent of its effect is yet to be told. Tom Crawford, executive director of Crawford and Company of Atlanta, the world's largest independent insurance adjuster, estimated the damage at $50 billion plus. Risk Management Solutions of Newark, California projected the costs at more $100 billion. Two-hundred thousands homes were completely destroyed in New Orleans alone and more than a million people displaced. Federal Disaster Declarations have blanketed 90,000 square miles.
3) I want to talk to you about storms today. I am talking about the storms that come in our life. These are the difficult times in life that we experience. There are the howling winds and heavy rains of life's experiences that can be emotionally and spiritually devastating.
4) In James 1:2 we read, ''My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.'' The word ''temptations'' speaks of trials rather than a solicitation to evil. ''Divers'' literally means ''multi-colored'' and refers to various kinds of trials and the various ways trials and storms can come.
5) Today we are not only reeling from hurricane Katrina but this is also ...
There are 18807 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.