This content is part of a series.
The Dark Side Revealed (1 of 4)
The Dark Side Series
1. The dark side - all you have to do is to simply say those words and in this day and age an image comes to your mind of a creature in all black, who breathes heavily through a mask - called Darth Vader. (Show Video)
2. Star Wars – a classic battle between good and evil, has now filled the Hollywood screens and home theatres for 30 years. Teresa and I were newlyweds when it first hit the screens in 1977, and to this day, this saga is still one of the best sellers of all times. The final movie, Revenge of the Sith, released two weeks ago to a new all-time box office record of $158M over 5 days. Yet, the original movie would have scored over $1.8B if it had released in this day and time. Let’s face it, nothing will draw people to the movies quicker than a great good vs. evil flick.
3. In Episode III, we find out exactly how Anakin Skywalker succombs to temptations of evil and becomes Darth Vader. Many people (I am sure a lot of them well meaning) have tried to see biblical parallels and biblical symbolism in Star Wars. George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars has even admitted that he has tried to send somewhat of a spiritual message.
4. Quite frankly, Star Wars has very little in common with biblical truth. The Bible does talk about the "dark side". It is a side that we all have. There is a Darth Vader in all of us and the Bible calls the dark side - sin. Jesus even spoke of the dark side when He said,
"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil." (John 3:19, NASB)
Jesus connects darkness or the dark side with evil deeds or sin.
5. The Bible has much to say about the dark side. We are going to explore it this month. Today we are talking about The Dark Side Revealed.
6. The dark side, ultimately in any one, will always be revealed. I ...
There are 18870 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.