One Thing to Be Proud of
1. Have you ever heard the story about the fellow who prayed with a bad attitude? He was talking to God one day and he said, ''God why has my brother been blessed with wealth and I have been given nothing? All of my life I never missed a single day without saying morning and evening prayers, my church attendance has been perfect, I've always loved my neighbor as myself, I've given a lot of money to the church and yet now as I am near the end of my life, I can hardly afford to pay my rent.
2. My brother, on the other hand, drinks and gambles and plays all the time, yet he has more money than he can count. I don't ask you to punish him, but just tell me, why has he been given so much and I've been given so little?'' A voice came back from heaven and said, ''Because you are such a self-righteous pain in the neck!''
3. Let's face it. There is something in just about all of us that loves to brag. We've all known people who especially love to brag on themselves. I know some people who can strut sitting down.
4. We all know that pride is one of the seven deadly sins and one of the things that God says He absolutely hates. Paul, the apostle, tells us about one thing he is proud of and one thing that he bragged about all of his life, that you and I can also be proud of and we can also brag about that would be pleasing to God. What Paul talked about had nothing to do with him and it has nothing to do with us.
5. If anybody had a lot they could have bragged about when they were alive it was the Apostle Paul. Think about it. When he was alive, take your pick, he was the greatest preacher in the world, the greatest missionary, the greatest apologist in the world, the greatest theologian in the world and the greatest religious author in the world. He wrote more books than anyone else in the Bible; almost one-half of the New Testament.
6. There was only one thing that caused Paul's heart to ...
There are 14621 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.