This content is part of a series.
Until He Comes! (17 of 19)
Series: A Closer Look at the Book: JAMES
Steve N. Wagers
August 7, 2005
1. The Look that Stirs our Heart!
A. The Reality of His Coming!
B. The Revelation of His Coming!
2. The Life that Strengthens our Heart!
A. A Patient Life!
1. In our Waiting on the Lord
2. In our Working for the Lord
B. A Productive Life!
C. A Peaceful Life!
1. Many would be like the fellow who prided himself on being exceedingly punctual. He followed a precise routine every morning. His alarm went off at 6:30 A.M. He would jump right out of bed, shower, shave, eat his breakfast, brush his teeth, pick up his briefcase, get into his car, drive to the nearby ferry landing, park his car, ride the ferry across to the downtown business area, get off the ferry, walk straight to his building, march to the elevator, ride to the seventeenth floor, hang up his coat, open his briefcase, spread out his papers, and sit down at his desk at precisely 8:00 A.M. Not 7:59 or 8:01, but precisely at 8:00 A.M.
2. He followed the same routine without variation for eight years, until one morning his alarm did not go off, and he overslept for ten minutes. When he did awake, he panicked. He rushed through his shower, nicked himself while shaving, gulped down his breakfast, skipped brushing his teeth, grabbed up his briefcase, jumped into his car, sped to the ferry landing, jumped out of his car, and started running toward the ferry. It was then that he saw the ferry was a several feet from the dock. He thought to himself, "I think I can make it."
3. He ran down the dock as fast as he could. When he got to the edge of the dock, he jumped and amazingly reached the ferry. He landed with a loud thud on the deck. The Captain ran down to make sure he was all right. Assured that he was okay, the Captain said, "Man, that was a tremendous jump, but if you had waited another minute, we would have reached the dock and you could have walked ...
There are 20486 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.