This content is part of a series.
Are You in the Know? (7 of 7)
1. If there is anything this post-modern culture that we live in is sure of it is that you cannot be absolutely sure of anything. You can believe in many things. You can be passionate about a lot of things, but nothing can be known absolutely, especially in the area of spirituality and morality.
2. I discovered this quote by Gandhi that serves to emphasize the almost universal uncertainty that is associated with religious belief of any kind. When he was asked why he tried to persuade people of his political beliefs, but not his religious beliefs, he said this - ''In the realm of the political and social and economic, we can be sufficiently certain to convert; but in the realm of religion there is not sufficient certainty to convert anybody and therefore, there can be no conversions in religions.''
3. The man who is known as perhaps the most brilliant scientist who ever lived, Albert Einstein, once said, ''Certainly there is a God. Any man who doesn't believe in a cosmic force is a fool, but we could never know Him.''
4. The post-modern view of God - that is if there is a God - is that nothing certain can be known about God and you certainly cannot know Him personally. Let me make a concession here. If the Bible is not God's word and if God has not spoken to us and revealed Himself through His word, then the post-modernist is absolutely right.
5. That is why the foundational message in this series that we have been giving on ''The War of the Worlds'' began with an investigation of the Bible as absolute truth. I gave you four, rock solid, fire proof, fail safe reasons why you can and should believe the Bible as an authoritative and reliable repository of theological and historical truth. This Bible says you can know two things that the post-modernist says you can't.
6. First of all, it says that you can know God and know Him personally. God himself said this to the Prophet ...
There are 19284 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.