God's Genius in Creating Mothers
What is a mother?
Two enterprising reporters, Joan Scobey and Lee Parr McGrath, decided to ask the experts: children. In their book, "What Is a Mother?", they report:
* A mother is the only one, if she sings your favorite song, it stops thundering--Louise.
* Mothers are wonderful! She spends all her time on you. A mother is just like God, except God is better--Laura.
* It is lucky that we have a mother because if we did not have a mother everything would be in a big big mess--Fred.
* What is a mother? When I have something to tell somebody I can tell my mother sometimes but not all the times--Betsy.
* A mother is a person too--David
--Hughes, M. ed., "A Mother Is Love"
God in His genius made humans male and female.
It is important that we recognize that there was a plan involved that had more to do with than just the physical and biological characteristics.
As a child we learned the difference in the little poem we were taught.
Boys are made with snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
Girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice.
There is a role that a woman occupies that can never be fulfilled by man.
Men are only half of the equation.
God knew that so He declared that "it is not good for men to be alone!"
So He created women who become wives and then become mothers.
Let us look at some of these characteristics recorded in the original design of women that make them unique.
I. She is a Helper or Help-meet.
Verse 18 "It is not good for man to be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."
Joke: Do you know why they sent a woman on the space shuttle?
So that if they got lost someone would stop and ask for directions.
Men seem to be so independent but they are lost without women.
It is interesting that opposites attract. God has given you a wife ...
There are 9184 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.