This content is part of a series.
Standard Building Codes (5 of 8)
1. Our Extreme Home Makeover is moving right along, but there is one thing we have not yet mentioned and that is – building codes. As you know, before you can occupy a home, it has to meet standard building codes. Building codes are developed by people who are actively involved in the construction industry. Their purpose is, "To provide minimum standards for the protection of life, limb, property and environment and for the safety and welfare of the consumer, general public and the owners and occupants of residential buildings regulated by such codes."
2. God has certain building codes that we must follow if we want our homes to be as strong as our houses. Today, we are going to deal with one of the greatest dangers to the structure and stability of both marriage and family. It is the danger of sexual immorality.
3. An English teacher was giving a grammar lesson one day and she said to one of her students, "Sam, what is it when I say, one quote, 'I love you, comma, you love me, comma, he loves me, question mark?'" Sam said, "That is one of those triangles where somebody gets shot!"
4. Some people do get shot in those kinds of situations, but the danger is even greater. Jesus had some tough words to say on this subject, far tougher than you will hear from most preachers today and most churches. I want to say at the outset this message is going to create tension for some of you, anger in a few of you, bitterness and rejection in others.
5. The subject of marriage and sexual purity is so important we simply cannot pass over it, even though it will create tension. If this message helps to prevent one affair, one divorce, one broken heart or one shattered family, it will be well worth the time we spend today.
6. There is nothing more devastating to a marriage than sexual immorality. There is nothing more damaging to the teenage psyche than sexual immor ...
There are 16912 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.