This content is part of a series.
Moses: How to Make Bitter Waters, Better Waters! (3 of 7)
Series: Leading Us in Prayer Will Be...
Steve N. Wagers
1. The Predicament that Surprised Them!
A. The Reason for their Predicament!
B. The Response to their Predicament!
2. The Prayer that Supported Them!
A. A Patient Prayer!
B. A Passionate Prayer!
3. The Provision that Sustained Them!
A. The Abundance of a Temporal Provision!
B. The Accomplishment of an Eternal Provision!
1. Oswald Chambers has said:
"A saint's life is in the hands of God as a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see; he stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says, "I cannot stand any more." But God does not heed; he goes on stretching until his purpose is in sight, then he lets fly. We are here for God's designs, not for our own."
2. The writer of wisdom, Ted Engstrom, gave an excellent commentary on the subject of adversity, when he said:
"Cripple him, and you have a Sir Walter Scott. Lock him in a prison cell, and you have a John Bunyan. Bury him in the snows of Valley Forge, and you have a George Washington. Raise him in abject poverty, and you have an Abraham Lincoln. Strike him down in infantile paralysis, and he becomes Franklin Roosevelt. Deafen him, and you have a Ludwig van Beethoven. Have him or her born black in a society filled with racial discrimination, and you have a Booker T. Washington, a Marian Anderson, a George Washington Carver. . . . Call him a slow learner; "retarded," and write him off an uneducable, and you have an Albert Einstein."
3. A rabbi was asked a question by a pupil, referring to Deuteronomy 6:6-- "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart." "Why is it said this way?" the pupil asked. "Why are we not told to place them in our heart?" The rabbi answered that it is not within man's power to place the divine teachings directly in his heart. He said ...
There are 19294 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.