Will The Circle Be Unbroken?
Steve N. Wagers
1. The Census Bureau has defined a family as:
"a householder and one or more other persons living in the same household who are related to the householder by birth, marriage, or adoption."
2. In his book, "Is There a Family in the House?" Ken Chafin suggests four pictures of the family. He states that the family is:
1. A place to grow people
2. A center for creativity
3. A place of safety
4. A transmitter of values 1
3. The research expert, George Barna commented:
"The family is man's oldest institution. The nuclear family, consisting of an approved association between a man, at least one woman, and their children, is found as a recognizable unit in every known society. It may be that people have lived in families as long as men have been men, women have been women, and a home has been much more than a house!" 2
4. If you are a part and member of a family today, it is an amazing thing, because God has put us all together. As a result, the family makes a father into a dad, a mother into a mom, and a house into a home. If you are a member of that type of family then you belong to something that is so near to the heart of God that He established it thousands of years before He did the church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. Rudyard Kipling once wrote about families:
"All of us are we--and everyone else is they." A family shares things like dreams, hopes, possessions, memories, smiles, frowns, and gladness...A family is a clan held together with the glue of love and the cement of mutual respect. A family is shelter from the storm, a friendly port when the waves of life become too wild. No person is ever alone who is a member of a family.
6. Yet, the truth of the matter is that our families are under attack as never before. Hell is not raging against the White House, it is raging against your house, and my house, and we have got a fight on our hands. Thus, if there ...
There are 28795 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.