This content is part of a series.
A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey Of The Book Of Romans (21 of 42)
Praying in the Spirit
• Do you ever feel inadequate as a Christian?
• Do you ever feel you are being asked to do something that you just are not equipped and prepared to do?
EX. Can I tell you that every Saturday and Sunday, I get this almost overwhelming sense of total inadequacies. As I am praying, studying and preparing to preach on Sunday morning you can't believe the thoughts that go through my mind... Thoughts of total inadequacy and ineptness....
Saturday and Sundays are stressful days for me. Satan really combats me, and as I am trying to get my head and heart ready to preach he puts thoughts like this through my mind...
• "That is a terrible sermon... that won't preach"
• "No one wants to hear that. That won't fly"
• "You can't preach"
• "Those poor people are getting tired of listening to you"
• "Look at all the inconsistencies and sin in your life. You have no right to preach."
I'm telling you, as I am studying and preparing and writing the messages I am going to preach to you on Sundays, they seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But then when it comes Saturday night and I am reviewing the message over and over, and praying over ever point, that seems like the dullest, and most inept sermon I have ever read.
NOTE: Some of you are thinking, "Pastor, that's not Satan saying those things. That's just the plain truth."
• How about you... Do you ever feel like God is requiring more of you than you are able to give or do?
• Do you ever feel like God is asking you to do something that you are just not able to do?
• Being a verbal witness to family, neighbors, co-workers
• Husbands loving your wives as Christ loves the church
• Wives submitting to your husbands
• Keeping a pure thought life, when you are bombarded daily with sensual messages and images
• Doing ...
There are 36540 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.