This content is part of a series.
A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey Of The Book Of Romans (15 of 42)
What's Wrong with Me?: Why Christians Sin When They Don't Want To
Question: Have you ever caught yourself yielding to some sin or temptation, and after you committed the sin, you said to yourself "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?"
Who among us has not done, said or thought something absolutely wrong, and as soon as the we did it, said it or thought it, we felt stuck with conviction and guilt and we began tormenting ourselves with questions like this....
• Where did that come from?
• How could I have done that?
• Why in the world did I say that?
• What is causing me to have all these unholy thoughts?
I guess the question I am asking is simply this...
• "Who among us does not have to deal with sin and heart breaking inconsistencies that we constantly see in ourselves?"
• "Who among us would not kick ourselves (if it were physiologically possible) because of something we said, or something we did, or something we thought."
• "Who among us, does not have regretful memories of sin that haunt us when we close our eyes?"
• "Who among us has not done something so stupid, and so wrong, that when we look in the mirror afterwards we said, 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?" "WHY DO I SIN WHEN I DON'T WANT TO?"
The truth is, even the most sincere Christian still has to deal with the lingering affects of sin in his or her life.
The truth is, even the most dedicated Christian still has to struggle against temptation and Sometimes we cave... Sometimes we fall... Sometimes we stumble... Sometimes we sin.
The truth is, every one of us is susceptible to sin
The truth is, every one of us still sin.
• It is not in our hearts to do so'
• It is not something we plan to do
• It is not something we want to do
• The sin is not something that is often premeditated or planned... It just kind of sneaks up on us, and in a weak moment when we let our guard down just f ...
There are 45324 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.