This content is part of a series.
A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey Of The Book Of Romans (6 of 42)
The Ground Is All Level at the Cross
Intro... Have you heard of the new requirements for inductees into the Baseball Hall Of Fame in Canton Ohio?
• The Baseball Commissioner believes the requirements for being inducted into the Hall of Fame have been too low, and so he is raising the bar.
• He is established two new requirements for professional ball players to meet before they can be a candidate for induction...
(1) They have to play their entire career without making one single error.
• Not one dropped ball
• Not one bad throw
• Not one mistake in base running
• Not one single error
(2) They have to bat 1,000 for their entire career.
• That means they must get a hit every time they step up to the plate.
• Not one strike out
• Not one fouling out
• Not one fly out
• Every single time to bat they must get a hit.
Now, if you know anything at all about baseball, you know those are absolutely impossible standards to meet, and if these are the conditions there will be no one inducted into the Baseball Hall Of Fame. No professional ball player could ever meet those conditions on his own record.
Obviously, I am making this story up. Because everyone know that those conditions would be impossible for any human being to meet, therefore, the standards for induction into the baseball hall of fame have been lowered, and they do not require perfection.
I made that story up to illustrate a great Biblical truth to you today.
• That truth is that God is Perfectly Holy... He cannot tolerate sin. Any sin and all sin is a gross violation of His perfect Holiness and Righteousness.
• In the Old Testament Law, God gave us a glimpse of the perfect standards of righteousness His Holy nature require.
• When we try to live by the law, we discover that no matter how hard we try, we still fall short of its standards
• I mean the truth is ev ...
There are 41393 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.