When God Gets Excited
1. What excites you the most? I don't mean just any one thing, but what are the things that come to your mind that really get you excited? I thought about this and this is just a short list for me, but it will give you some idea of the things that really get me excited.
1. Knowing that I am going to heaven
2. Knowing that God loves me unconditionally
3. A romantic get away with Teresa
4. Spending time with my sons (James, Jonathan and Joshua)
5. Breaking ninety on the golf course
6. Hot homemade chocolate chip cookies
7. Anytime Georgia wins
8. Anytime Florida, Auburn, or Tennessee loses
2. Think about this question - what excites God? There is a story of an incident that took place in the life of Jesus in Mark 2 that gives me some clues on when God gets excited. It is an interesting story that believe it or not revolves around an invalid, in essence a paraplegic.
3. ''And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house. Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men.'' (Mark 2: 1-3, NKJV)
Now this man is called a paralytic, because the Greek word in essence gives us that English word. It literally means to be, ''loosed on one side.'' Whether because of a fall or because this man was born this way, this man was crippled.
4. His arms hung on his side like Christmas ornaments on a tree. His legs were as limp as spaghetti. Now if he was going to get in to the presence of Jesus, somebody was going to have to bring him.
5. There was a greater problem, because even if he could have gotten up, he couldn't have gotten in. The house was full. People jammed the doorways. Kids were sitting in the windows. Nobody could move. It was standing room only and this man could not stand. Thi ...
There are 12529 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.