This content is part of a series.
Complete In Him! (13 of 16)
God's Nutrition List!
1. It doesn't take long to discover that we live in a day where much emphasis is placed on diet, nutrition and physical fitness. This lifestyle is propagated through television, newspapers, exercise videos, etc. We are constantly reminded that to look better is to feel better, and to feel better is to look better.
2. Most nutritionists tell us that to live a long, healthy life one must maintain a well-balanced diet, which consists of 2000-2500 calories a day, and a regular exercise regimen of 20 minutes a day.
3. According to a recent Weight Watchers newsletter:
"We know that there are no truly bad foods. And we know there aren't any perfect ones either. Wise and less wise choices exist within each food category, and how much you eat of these foods is key to your weight loss success, and a healthy life. After all, eating too much of any food -- be it cheddar cheese, birthday cake or carrots -- can pile on the pounds. 1
4. Here's another fact: You need to eat a wide range of nutrients to survive. Dietary fat, for instance, helps in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins; protein aids in tissue repair and is pivotal for cell growth; and carbohydrates provide the brain with its primary fuel source. Purposefully omitting any of these nutrients from your diet can wreak havoc on your health. They conclude that the secret to safe weight loss is found in one word: *Balance!*. We must avoid elimination diets in favor of one that includes a mix of all nutrients. 2
5. I am often humored, and amazed, at our thinking about losing weight and staying healthy. I think of diet tips found in "Miss Piggy's Guide to Life":
* If no one sees you eat it, it has no calories
* If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, they will cancel each other out.
* Calories don't count if you eat with someone and you both eat the same amount.
* Food taken for medicinal purposes doe ...
There are 21099 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.