This content is part of a series.
Complete In Him! (7 of 16)
A Life Worth Living!
1. In December 2001, ex-Beatle George Harrison died. He was 58 years old. The cancer that had begun in his throat spread to his brain and finally took his life. Of course, there was much written about him after his death. Most of what was written mentioned that he was a deeply spiritual man. People were impressed with his spirituality. And there seems to be no doubt that he was a man who knew that there was more to this life than fame and money.
2. In fact, I remember reading a comment some time ago in which he observed that after you had experienced success, met all of the famous people, and made some money, you found yourself wondering, "Is this it?" He had come to the conclusion that there was more.
3. In the press release that his family put out after his death, they quoted something that he had often said:
"Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait, and love one another."
4. Of course, he was right. The search for God cannot wait. George Harrison searched in many places. He searched because he recognized what St. Augustine understood when he said that within all of us is a void that can only be filled with God.
5. We sense it as human beings. We seek to fill it with all kinds of things. We try to fill it with material possessions, money, sex, drugs, entertainment, achievement, education, and even religion. But none of those things is sufficient.
6. I think of C. S. Lewis when he said,
"If we find within us a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, we should begin to wonder whether we were not created for another world."
7. I'm sure that there have been times where all of us wonder with George Harrison, "Is this it?" Or, perhaps we have concluded, "There has got to be more to life than this!" In reality it seems that we are somewhat disappointed when life doesn't hand us what we think it should.
8. However, as Bible-b ...
There are 17745 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.