This content is part of a series.
"COPING WITH LIFE"
August 9, 1987
Collegiate Dictionary defines the word t"habit" as:
a customary practice or use; compulsive need; addiction
The word "habit" indicates a lifestyle event - it is something that is part of me.
Since today we are majoring on, "Coping With Bad Habits," we will be talking about
coping with lifestyle practices that are bad. We will be discussing areas of
our lives that may not honor Christ.
I. WHAT CAN A BAD HABIT INDICATE IN YOUR LIFE?
1. You have sin in your life.
2. You have a spiritual stronghold in your life.
3. You do not have Jesus Christ in your life.
4. You have a great need for spiritual and professional counseling.
5. You are rebellious to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
II. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THESE AREAS CALLED BAD HABITS IN YOUR LIFE?
1. (Colossians 3:8-9) Put aside sins of the old nature.
2. (I John 1:9) Forgiveness is provided for all sin.
3. (2 Corinthians 10:3-6) Spiritual strongholds can be destroyed.
A definition of a spiritual stronghold:
A spiritual stronghold is a set of conditions which a demon has built
around himself against being recogni ...
There are 2427 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1214 character sample of the full content.