"HOW TO BUILD A FINANCIALLY STRONG MINISTRY"
May 19, 1992
The one common thread in most church fellows''ip problems
is about the subject of money. Regardless of the size of the
church, certain people will always be critical about the issue
of money in the church.
My doctoral dissertation, "Implementing A Theology Of
Stewardship That Will Build A Theology Of Stewardship
In The Local Southern Baptist Church."
You cannot do and be all God wants you to do and be as
a church unless you have sufficient financial resources.
There will be sufficient and overflowing financial resources
when you involve God's people in God's principles about
I. BE BIBLICAL.
The Bible has much to say about stewardship.
What is stewardship? It is the practice of managing
properly that which God has entrusted to you whether
it be time, talents, or money.
Four theologies influence a Biblical understand of
1. The theology of stewardship.
(Doctrine of God, ownership, acknowledgment,
2. The theology of giving. (2 Corinthians 9:6-9)
* Attitude of giving should be unselfish, cheerful,
3. The theology of missions. (Matthew 28:19-20; 6:19)
* Make all of our resources available to God to
further the gospel.
4. The theology of the Holy Spirit.
* Only the Holy Spirit can put these theologies
in your life and these attitudes.
Do not apologize for what God says is important. A
person cannot be right with God and be wrongly related
* The tithe is the only tangible way God has given
to you for you to love Him.
II. BE PRACTICAL.
1. Preach on giving from the pulpit.
2. Teach on giving in your Sunday School.
Abandon use of literature for one month and get some
special literature on stewardship to teach stewardship
through your Sunday School.
3. Provide seminars in your discipleship training time ...
There are 4467 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.