The Weakest Link
1. I'm beginning a series of messages that I've always wanted to do on probably my favorite portions of Scripture in the Bible - the parables of Jesus. I'm entitling this series ''Virtual Reality - God's Favorite Stories.''
2. Did you know that 1/3 of all of the things that Jesus taught, He taught with parables? Someone has defined a parable as an earthly story with a heavenly meaning. That is why I refer to the parables as VIRTUAL REALITY. Because in the parables we learn there is a connection between the visible world of the physical, and the invisible world of the spiritual.
3. As we study the parables, keep in mind that every parable has a central truth. Every parable has, you might call it, ''a moral to the story.''
4. One day at a rural elementary school the teacher had each member of the class tell a story, and then state the moral of the story. First up was a little girl named Susie. She said, ''My father owns a farm, and every week we put the eggs in a basket to take to market. But one day we hit a bump and the eggs flew out of the basket and smashed on the road.'' The teacher said, ''What's the moral?'' She said, ''The moral of the story is: ''Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.''
5. The next little girl was Lucy. She said, ''My dad owns a farm too. One day we put twelve eggs into an incubator, but only eight hatched.'' The teacher said, ''What is the moral?'' She said, ''The moral of the story is: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.''
6. Last was little Billy. He said, ''My Uncle Ted's airplane was shot down in the war, and he parachuted to a remote island with nothing but a bottle of whiskey. He was surrounded by twelve dozen hostile soldiers. So he drank the whiskey, then killed all twelve with is his bare hands.'' The teacher said, ''Wow, that is some story, but what is the moral?'' He said, ''The moral of the story is: Don't mess with Uncle Ted whe ...
There are 17001 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.