Dr. James Merritt
1. There was a young couple who had just purchased brand new appliances for their house, and they decided to give their old refrigerator to their parents. Since they lived many miles apart, they just shipped the refrigerator to their parents. A few days later the phone rang, her mother said, ''Honey, we want to send you a check for the refrigerator.'' The daughter said, ''No, Mom, it's a gift. We want you to have it.''
2. The mother said, ''But you could have sold it and made money.'' The daughter said, ''Look, Mom, just consider it as repayment for all those days that you took care of me when I was at home.'' After a slight pause her mother said, ''In that case the refrigerator doesn't cover it.''
3. The following quote illustrates the truth of that story.
The pain of childbirth is twofold: There is the pain of bringing the child into the world, and there is the pain of bringing that child up in the world; and the latter is greater. The physical pain of bearing a child is tremendous, but usually lasts only a few hours. But the pain of REARING that same child lasts a lifetime, and never lessens. (1)
4. We have all heard talk about the ''generation gap'' and there has probably never been a larger gap than there is today. Think about how everything has changed from the time when many of us were young. The music has changed. We have gone from the ''Grand Ole Opry'' to ''Gangsta Rap.'' Dress has changed. When I was a boy we used to patch holes in blue jeans. Kids now want to cut holes out of blue jeans.
5. Fashion has changed. Women are not the only gender who are wearing earrings. Now everything is pierced from the nose, the tongue, the lip, to the belly button. Entertainment has changed. People are now more excited about cyber-space than they are outer space. You can now do more on a palm pilot than you could do on a computer ten years ago.
6. Let's face it. We have teena ...
There are 17908 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.