The World's Favorite Scripture
1. Everybody knows about the famous comedian, David Letterman, and his ''top ten list.'' As you know, God also has a ''top ten list'' and it goes like this:
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make for yourself a carved image.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
Now we all immediately recognize those as the Ten Commandments.
2. Allen Wolfe, in his best-selling book, ONE NATION AFTER ALL, says that America has added an eleventh commandment, and it has become her favorite commandment. In fact, America loves this commandment so much she would have no problem putting this commandment up in every schoolroom, every courthouse, and every city hall in America. What is it? ''Thou shalt not judge.''
3. Now nobody likes to feel like someone else is standing in judgment over them. It is true that by nature people are critical, people are condemning, people do love to find fault with others. We all know the old saying is true that you cannot please everybody.
4. I am reminded of a bachelor who wanted to get married, but every time he brought a prospective wife home his mother criticized her unmercifully. Well, he didn't know what to do and he was talking to a friend one day, and the friend said, ''Why don't you go find someone who is just like your Mother.'' He said, ''That's a good idea.'' So he looked and he looked until he found what was in essence a clone of his mother. She looked like his mother, she walked like his mother, she talked like his mother; she even thought like his mother.
5. He called his friend and said, ''Well, I'm going to take her home today, I'll let you kn ...
There are 17550 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.