What Excites God
1. As a pastor I can really relate to the story of a pastor who was candidating at a church, and they told him that they wanted to call him provided he would agree to live by faith. When he asked the six men on the committee what they meant by that, they said, ''well, what we mean by that is, you're not going to have any stated salary, but you're just going to trust God to meet your needs.''
2. The man thought about it for a minute, and though it cost him the church, he gave a good response. He said, ''I've got a better idea. Each of you men has a salary. Why don't we put all the salaries together, divide the total by seven, and all of us can live by faith.''
3. Well, I want to tell you today that nothing excites God more than to see people live by faith, and specifically faith in him and his word. Nothing excites God more than for people to act like what they say they believe is true. In other words, when people take God at his word and act accordingly, God gets excited.
4. In one of the most familiar miracles in the bible, we're going to see three things that excite God, and you and I can be a part of all of these things. We can see these things take place on a daily basis and know that not only does God get excited about these things, but it will excite us as well.
I. God is excited by friends that share.
1. ''and again he entered capernaum after some days, and it was heard that he was in the house. Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And he preached the word to them. Then they came to him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men.'' (vv.1-3)
2. This is a story of a man who was paralyzed. In fact, the Greek word that is used to describe this man gives us our word paralytic. It literally means ''to be loosed on one side.'' because of some malfunction in the motor area of his brain or his spinal cor ...
There are 18556 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.