This content is part of a series.
Love: If You're Not Loving, You're Not Living (1 of 9)
Series: Fruit of the Spirit - Home Sweet Home
1. I am beginning a series of messages that I have entitled: ''home sweet home.'' these messages are going to deal with the fruit that every family tree ought to bear. I want you to imagine what your marriage would be like, what your kids would be like, what your spouse would be like, what you would be like, if the tree of your home and your heart bore the fruit of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self -control.
2. Now quite frankly, if a lot of us started bearing that kind of fruit in our lives, it would make us a stranger in our own home!
3. The bible compares every Christian to a tree. It is a tree that is to bear fruit. We have been given two fruit-producing agents in our lives. One is the scripture. Ps. 1:2-3 says: ''but his delight is in the law of the lord, and in his law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.'' that is, if we will read, study, and meditate on the word of God, the word of God will bring forth fruit in our lives.
4. But the other fruit-producing agent is the spirit. Gal. 5:22 speaks of the fruit of the spirit. Now there is a lot of interest today in the gift of the spirit. You've got an element that always wants to know if you've received ''the baptism of the Holy Spirit.''
5. There is a lot of emphasis on the gifts of the spirit. People want to know what your particular spiritual gift might be. But there is not enough emphasis on the graces of the spirit, which is the fruit of the spirit.
6. Now I find it both interesting and informative that the metaphor that is used to describe the character that the Holy Spirit produces through us, is fruit. I believe I know why.
There are 15823 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.