This content is part of a series.
Don't Forget To Remember (3 of 9)
Series: Keeping Up Your Guard
1. There was a young preacher who was going to preach his very first sermon, and he wanted to have a smashing introduction. So he went to an older pastor he knew, and said, "do you know of any surefire introduction that is guaranteed to get everybody's attention?"
2. The old preacher said, "as a matter of fact I have an illustration that works every single time." he said, "when you walk to the pulpit, make this statement: 'some of the greatest days of my life I spent in the arms of another man's wife.'" he said, "wait for a moment, and then say, 'my mother.'" he said, "don't forget to pause before you say, 'my mother.'" he said, "incidentally, don't forget to tell your wife what you are going to do."
3. Well, the fateful Sunday arrived, and as this young inexperienced preacher walked to the pulpit he had two problems. First of all, he was extremely nervous; secondly, he had forgotten to tell his wife what he was going to say. So he cleared his throat and said, "some of the greatest days of my life, I spent in the arms of another man's wife." well, he waited for a moment and his wife, who happened to be a hot-tempered lady, got up out of her seat and stormed the pulpit. That so unnerved him he stammered and stuttered and said, "and for the life of me, I can't remember who she was."
4. It pays to remember! To forget to remember can be very costly. It has been wisely said, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
5. We are not to live in the past, but we are to look to the past and learn from the past, so that we don't lose in the present and lack for the future. That is what Jude is encouraging his readers to do. He begins by saying, "i want to remind you, though you once knew this..." (v.5a) he is saying to these readers, "don't forget to remember."
6. There are some lessons we can learn from what happened yesterday, ...
There are 19763 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.