"God's Guarantee Of Glory"
By James Merritt
1. I heard about a man that was walking along a mountain road one time, and he saw an Indian lying in the middle of the road with his ear pressed to the ground. Well as he got near to the Indian he heard this Indian talking in broken English.
"Truck. Chevy truck. Chevy pick-up truck. Large tires. Man driving. Large German Shepherd in front seat. Loaded with firewood. California license plate UBH 123."
2. Well this man was incredulous. He looked at that Indian and said, "That is amazing. You mean you can tell all of that just by listening to the ground?"
3. The Indian said, "No, truck ran over me thirty minutes ago."
4. We are a lot like that Indian. We don't always know what is coming, and when it does it sometimes seems to run right over us.
5. So often you will talk to someone and ask them how they're doing and they will say something like this: "Well, I'm doing alright under the circumstances." Well God has not called us to live under our circumstances. He has called us to live over our circumstances, no matter what those circumstances might be.
6. It is true that we do not know what the future holds. But we do know who holds the future. That makes all the difference in the world. God has promised us that no matter what happens to us He will cause it to turn out for our good and His glory. There are three facts we learn from this marvelously rich passage of Scripture that let us know this is incontrovertibly true.
I. God's Sure Promise
1. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (v.28) Next to John 3:16 I believe this is the greatest promise in all of the Bible. God has made a promise specifically to his children. Not to everybody, but to those who are His. That no matter how turbulent the air might be, ...
There are 23533 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.