"The Bible And Murphy Brown"
By James Merritt
1. I want you to take your Bibles and find the book of Proverbs the sixth chapter. I'm in my Jimmy Swaggart mood tonight. I am going to be talking about adultery. I want to talk to you tonight about the Bible and Murphy Brown.
2. I'm getting sick and tired of the press beating up on Vice President Dan Quayle. Did any of you happen to see "Meet the Press?" I rarely ever watch this, I want you to know, but I was flipping channels this afternoon when I came up from my study, going from ballgames and various things, and they had Al Gore on "Meet the Press."
3. Well, just about the time I turned it over there they were talking about this whole matter of abortion. I want to tell you that Al Gore was squeaming like a Baptist between two offering plates. It was incredible. He kept saying, "I'm pro-choice, I'm pro-choice." Then he said, "Now understand that even though I am pro-choice I am not pro-abortion."
4. Now let me tell you something friend, only a fool says he's pro-choice but he's not pro-abortion. Let me give you an example. Here's a man who says, "I am personally against people selling drugs on the street corner, but I believe that people ought to have the right to choose whether or not they sell drugs on the street corner." So let's say over here that person "A" says, "Well, I choose to sell drugs on the street corner." Now person "B" says, "Well, I'll be honest with you, I am not only personally in favor of the right of a person to choose whether or not he sells drugs on the street corner, but I'm also personally in favor of selling drugs on the street corner."
5. Now, practically speaking I want to ask you a question. What is the practical difference between those two fellows? Not a bit. You see, if you're pro-choice you are pro-abortion. In essence, you are pro-abortion. Because if you're pro-choice for a woman to choose to mur ...
There are 24713 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.