God's Plan for Financial Freedom
1. Over one hundred years ago this nation fought an internal Civil War to eliminate slavery and to make all people free regardless of race or color. Yet I believe today that slavery is alive and well in the United States of America. Not physical slavery, but financial slavery.
2. The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 6:24, ''No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.'' The word serve literally means ''to be a slave to, literally or figuratively, voluntarily or involuntarily.'' Jesus made it plain that everyone is a slave to either God or money.
3. America has obviously become a slave to money because she is no longer a slave to God. It is not a coincidence that she is now the world's greatest debtor nation; that she now owes more money, $4 trillion, than any other nation in history. We are a nation in financial bondage because our people are in financial bondage.
4. Money has never been more important to America and to her people than it is right now. A recent Gallup poll interviewed a number of families in America and asked the question: ''What is the biggest problem you face as a family?'' 56% of the families responded that money and economic problems constitute the biggest problem they face. The next highest category was health problems and health care at only 6%.1 Someone has observed that money is not important - until you don't have any. That's when your true colors really show.
5. In the magazine Psychology Today there was an article written entitled, ''The One Who Has the Most Toys When He Dies, Wins.'' In that article there is a survey that has been conducted every year since 1966 of college freshmen. In the twenty years from 1966 to 1986 the answers changed dramatically. In 1966 more than 80% of college freshmen said that a major reason fo ...
There are 22099 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.