Do You Know Who Your Father Is?
1. Now under different conditions that could be an extremely insulting question, particularly to your mother. But I am not speaking here naturally, I am speaking supernaturally. I'm not speaking physically, I am speaking spiritually. That is a legitimate question.
2. You see, physically everyone has only one father, and can only have one father. But spiritually, you have one of two fathers. Jesus said on one occasion to the Pharisees, ''You are of your father the devil.'' (John 8:44a) The vast majority of people in this world today are, at this moment, children of the devil. But there are those who have become the children of God.
3. Now there are three key words to keep in mind if you are going to determine who your father is. The first is the word faith. The second is the word family. The third is the word father. For it is by faith that you enter into the family of God, and therefore have God as your Father.
4. John 1:12 says, ''But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.''
5. Now this verse speaks of our acceptance into the family of God. But the passage before us deals with our adoption into the family of God. Though both of these concepts are different, they are indivisible and uniquely related to each other. Practically every Christian knows that to get into the family of God you must be born into that family. That's why Jesus said to Nicodemus if he wanted to enter into the kingdom of God, he must be a part of the family of God, and to be a part of the family of God he must be ''born again.''
6. But so few Christians realize what they immediately become once they are born into the family of God. One of the greatest doctrines in the New Testament is the doctrine of adoption. The doctrine that teaches us that not only have we been born into the family of God as children, but we've been ...
There are 19395 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.