The Sweetest Word In The Bible
1. What I call the sweetest word in the Bible is a word that is used over 150 times in the New Testament. Yet, it is a word that Jesus never used. Now you may think that is strange, but the reason Jesus never used the word was because He didn't have to. He was a walking definition of this word.
2. This word was not spoken by his lips, but it was seen in his life. This subject may never have been mentioned in his lectures, but it was manifested in his living.
3. The word that, to me, is the sweetest word in the Bible is the word grace. If God had a dictionary I believe beside the word grace you would find a one-word definition - Jesus. I think if God has a favorite word it must be grace. Peter calls God "the God of all grace." (I Peter 5:10)
4. I do not know of a word that is more important to the church than the word grace. You take away grace and every church would have to close its door, and every preacher would be out of a job. Because the only gospel we have to preach is the gospel called in Acts 20:24, "the gospel of the grace of God."
5. Grace is the heart of the gospel. Without it, the gospel is dead. Grace is the vocabulary of the gospel. Without it, the gospel is mute. Grace is the music of the gospel. Without it, the gospel is silent.
6. Now I mean by grace the favor that God freely and fully gives to us even though we do not deserve it. I want to tell you why, to me, grace is the sweetest word in the Bible.
I. Grace Redeems Us From The Penalty Of Sin
1. "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." (v.11) We are told plainly here that it is grace that brings salvation. Now I want to give you some bad news, some worse news, some good news, and the best news.
2. The bad news is, you are a sinner and you need to be saved. The worse news is, there is nothing you can do to save yourself. ...
There are 18239 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.