Is God Fair?
1. One of the most asked questions of our day is the title of this message, ''Is God Fair?''
- When the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, is the God who loves the poor fair?
- When entire nations like Ethiopia are starving and one-half of this world goes to bed hungry every night, is the God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills fair?
- When little children are wiped out in automobile accidents by drunk drivers and are abused by drunken fathers and lazy mothers, is the God who works all things out together for our good fair?
- When a godly man works hard to provide for his family and then loses his job, while the drug dealer in the street lives in luxury, is the God of justice fair?
- When the gospel of Christ is the only hope for a lost world, and yet two billion people have never even heard the name Jesus, is the God who desires all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth fair?
2. That is exactly the question raised by Paul in this passage of scripture. The Living Bible translates v.14 this way: ''Was God being unfair?'' Or as Paul puts it, ''What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God?''
3. Now the answer to the question, Is God fair? Yes. He cannot do that which is not right, or else He would not be God.
4. Now to understand this passage you must come to grip with the questions that are raised. There is one thing you must get down in your mind, or you will never understand the fairness and the justice of God, and that is this: GOD IS SOVEREIGN. The sovereignty of God is the bedrock of my theology. I believe it is the bedrock of all true biblical theology.
5. I am afraid sometimes we treat the sovereignty of God and the so-called free will of man as if the two are on an equal plain. But has it ever occurred to you that it is only in the sovereignty of God that man has a will at all.
6. Technically speaking, no one has a totally free will ...
There are 16559 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.