INTRODUCTION: WHAT? The expressions of God's grace working within each believer. God's grace gives each believer the desire and the power to concentrate on a particular aspect of spiritual concern. In the context of Eph. 4:llff, they are gifts given by the Holy Spirit in order to carry out the work of the ministry.
Every Christian has one of the seven motivational gifts listed in Romans l2:6-8. As a result, every Christian views other Christians and circumstances through his or her motivational gift.
Why? We employ them to benefit one another. These are the gifts God has built into us, made part of us, to be used for the benefit of others and for His glory. They are called motivational because they are the motivating force for our lives. They are the gifts that shape our personalities. Since God has created us with a free will, we can choose to use our gifts appropriately, or we can choose to neglect them, or even abuse them. We must learn what they are and how they function.
''What we are is God's gift to us; What we make of our lives is our gift to God.''
IDENTIFICATION: SEVEN MOTIVATIONAL GIFTS
l. Prophet - one who clearly perceives the will of God. Proclaims truth and exposes sin.
2. Servant - one who loves to serve others; a doer; meet needs, frees others
3. Teacher - one who loves to research and communicate truth. Researcher; clarifies truth, validates information
4. Exhortation - one who loves to encourage others to live a victorious life. These are the extremely positive people;stimulates faith and promotes growth.
5. Giving - one who loves to give time, talent, energy, and means to benefit others and advance the gospel. A contributor; entrusts assets, maximizes results.
6. Ruling - administrator; one who loves to organize, lead, or direct. A facilitator or leader. Plans ahead and completes task.
7. Mercy - Compassion person; one who shows compassion, love, and care to th ...
There are 5245 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.