PRINCIPLES OF GRACE GIVING
II Cor. 8-9
October 9, 1991
INTRODUCTION: In these texts we find the attitude of a
Spirit-filled, Spirit-empowered giver. Little is much when we
put it in the hands of the Lord. Several principles to note
about grace giving.
I. OUTWARD CIRCUMSTANCES AND DIFFICULTIES
SHOULD NOT INHIBIT GENEROSITY IN GIVING.
II. COR. 8:1-4
- The Macedonian Churches were not giving
out of their abundance;
rather they were giving generously
out of their poverty.
- They gave - not because they had to
give - but because they wanted to give
- Their giving far exceeded their
- They viewed this special offering as
a privilege, not as an obligation.
- Joy and generosity are twins - they
accompany one another.
II. ALL FINANCIAL GIVING SHOULD BE PRECEEDED
BY SELF-GIVING. II COR. 8:5
- They first gave themselves to the
III. BELIEVERS SHOULD SEEK TO EXCEL IN THE
GRACE OF GIVING. II COR. 8:6-7
IV. WORTHY STEWARDSHIP GOALS SHOULD BE
BROUGHT TO COMPLETION.
II COR. 8:6, 10, 11; 9:5
- Finish what you begin
- In Spiritual things, there is value
in completing what you start
V. GENEROUS GIVING GIVES EVIDENCE OF THE
SINCERITY OF ONE'S LOVE.
II COR. 8:8, 9, 24
- One's motivation for givin ...
There are 4984 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.