Israel's Fourth Temple
August 10, 2003
1. Most Bible students are aware of the two temples of Israel--Solomon's Temple and Herod's Temple, both of which were destroyed. Solomon's Temple was destroyed by King Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC, and Herod's Temple, by the Roman Emperor, Titus, in 70 AD.
2. According to Scripture, there will be a Third Temple--a Temple built and completed during the Tribulation period. This Third Temple will be built by the Jews, but later defiled by the Antichrist, who will establish his throne in the temple.
a. Paul makes mention of this in 2 Thes. 2:4, "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
b. Matthew refers to this as the "Abomination of Desolation." When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)" (Matthew 24:15).
3. I happen to believe there will be a Fourth Temple, which will be built following the battle of Armageddon. It is the Temple the Lord speaks of here in Isaiah, chapter sixty.a. Keep in mind; the Third Temple will be defiled by the Antichrist. I cannot possible imagine Jesus using a defiled Temple for His throne. I don't think He is going to sweep out and clean up the mess made by the Antichrist. . .there will be no remodeling going on here.
4. This morning I would like to have you consider several things, as we look together at Israel's Fourth Temple:
I. The Time of the Temple
II. The Place of the Temple
III. The Person of the Temple
IV. The People of the Temple
I. THE TIME OF THE TEMPLE
A. Following God's Great Tribulation judgment
1. Please notice (vs.2): "For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon ...
There are 15078 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.