This content is part of a series.
A Challenging Faith (6 of 6)
Series: Defining Faith
Romans 1:17, ''For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith.''
1 Cor. 15:58, ''Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.''
Col. 2:7, ''Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.''
1 Cor. 16:13, ''Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.'' ''Quit you like men'' means, ''be manly.''
1. May I say to you, the Christian faith is not for sissies. The Christian faith is a challenging faith. It is not passive; it is aggressive. The Apostle Paul never sat around like a bump on a log, nor did any of those who chose to follow Christ, as he did.
a. Paul set his mind to the task given him and determined never to give up...not until he was either dead or taken to glory. By the way, I believe that's exactly what happened here in (vs.19).
2. This is the last in our six-part series on ''Defining Faith.'' Tonight I want to talk to you about the challenges to our Christian faith. Living the Christian life can be challenging. It can sometimes overwhelm us:
a. The person who determines to sell out for God will certainly be met with opposition. The devil will see to it that you have plenty of sour things to occupy your life: persecution, heartache - aggravation...you name it, it will happen.
3. The purpose of my message this evening is to accomplish what Paul hoped to accomplish in (vs.22).
I. A FAITH WORTH HAVING IS A FAITH WORTH LIVING FOR
1. Jesus said, ''I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.'' John 10:10
2. Friend, the Christian life is the abundant life. Can you tell me of anything else that equals salvation in Christ? And let me ...
There are 11358 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.