My Easter Offering
I Chronicles 29:1-9, 14-19
1. As you are aware, we have set as a goal on Easter Sunday, $50,000 to be given toward our church building effort. As you are also aware, we are not quite certain, at this point, where God will have us build our church.
2. Somebody might say, "Well, Pastor, if we don't know when and where we're going build the church, why put away the money?
a. My answer to that is this: If you plan for nothing, you'll have nothing.
3. I have been the pastor of this church for close to 20 years. In 1984, along with my family, I founded this church. With God's help and guidance, I have pastored this church from its infancy to where it is today. And let me be quick to underscore, it has been all because of God's help and guidance.
a. I am simply saying, though I may not know where we are going, I know that God does. And because He has been faithful to lead us over all the last years, He will let us know in due time what He wants us to do for a permanent building:
1) We may stay where we are. We might purchase the building we are in. We may put up a brand new church building, or we may renovate a building in some other location. The point is: We will need some money!
4. The question is: Where will this money come from? I happen to believe the money ought to come from God's people. Notice the example David set in (vs.3). Then notice the response of the people (vs.9).
5. Let me give you a few brief thoughts...
1. I have chosen Easter as the day for our offering because Easter symbolizes sacrifice. This was the day Jesus made His greatest sacrifice for us. Hebrews 9:26, "now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."
2. If you are here this morning as a person who has never received Christ into your life, may I encourage you to give serious consideration to what Jesus did for you:
a. Roma ...
There are 11776 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.