Walking in Light
1. Last week our message was "Walking the Walk," tonight? "Walking in the Light."
SONG: In 1890, Eliza Hewitt wrote the song, "Stepping in the Light." The refrain reads...
How beautiful to walk in the steps of the Savior, Stepping in the light, stepping in the light, How beautiful to walk in the steps of the Savior, Led in paths of light.
2. This lesson has to do with saints walking in the light and not walking in darkness. It also speaks to us about those who chose to walk in darkness and how we are to avoid them
3. Here's the point, because we are "light in the Lord" we are to "walk as children of the light." We are to be noticeably different from those who dwell in darkness.
a. Friend, Jesus should make a difference in our lives!
4. You will notice that (vs.1) tells us we are to be "followers of God." And (vs.2) tells us that we are to "walk in love."
a. (Vv. 5, 6) tells us that people who walk in darkness and live like the devil, have no inheritance in the Kingdom of God. Because of that, Paul tells us in (vs.7) that we are not to be "partakers" with them.
5. Please turn with me to 1 Jn.1:5-7.
6. In this section of Ephesians, we will learn what it means to "walk as children of the light."
I. WHEN WE WALK IN THE LIGHT WE BEAR GOOD FRUIT (vv.8-10)
1. If we are walking "as children of the light" there will be certain characteristics that will be evident in our lives. Paul calls these characteristics "the fruit of the Spirit"
Galatians 5:22, 23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance."
2. As Christ's light shines through us, there should be a prism effect (vs.9): we should reflect "goodness," "righteousness," "truth" and obedience (vs.10).
ILLUS: You may go to church, carry a Bible, give money, and be baptized, but the real test of being a true Christian is "fruit." These characterist ...
There are 11852 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.