Faith for the Future
1. In chapter 11 we find the word "faith" used some 25 times.
2. As we read through the chapter, we are impressed with the amount of importance God places on faith...and why not, faith is the essential thing we need in order to connect with God: (vs.6)
3. I want to challenge you this morning to think about faith - the faith you and I need to face the future:
a. Our future is uncertain, we have no idea what lies ahead in this coming year; and yet, God wants us to believe in Him - to trust Him, to live out our days in faith:
1) Abel exercised faith, Enoch, exercised faith, and Noah, and Sarah, and Abraham...as well as all the saints mentioned in this chapter...
2) You may say, "But I'm not like any of these people you've just mentioned - these people had such great faith..."
- God purposely placed the names of each one of these individuals in the Bible for us...that we might learn from them, that we, like they, might know how to face the future.
- 1 Cor 10:11, "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples..."
- We need an unshakable faith - a strong faith - a faith that causes us to move ahead with God, no matter what the circumstances or obstacles:
QUOTE: Erwin W. Lutzer wrote, "A Christian who walks by faith accepts all circumstances from God. He thanks God when everything goes good, when everything goes bad, and for the "blues" which are somewhere in-between. He thanks God whether he feels like it or not. His faith is firmly fixed in God."
4. Let me give you a few thoughts to our message, "Faith to Face the Future"
I. FIRST WE ARE REMINDED THAT IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO KNOW THE FUTURE
A. God has purposely limited our knowledge about tomorrow:
1. Someone might say, "Well, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow; I plan to go to work and complete some unfinished projects, go home after work, eat supper and go to bed."
2. In reality, even the simple things ...
There are 9718 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.