This content is part of a series.
Ready and Waiting (1 of 12)
Series: A Closer Look at Heaven
II Corinthians 12:1-4
1. This evening I will begin a 12-part series under the title, "A Closer Look at Heaven."
2. As we read the Scriptures, we find that God has painted a small portrait--just a glimpse of this place called "heaven," just enough to wet our spiritual appetites.
a. Heaven is described as a place of rest and peace. It is a place void of suffering and death. It is a place of unparalleled beauty. It is a place where we will be forever reunited with our loved ones. And, thank God, heaven is a place where we will dwell with the Lord Jesus throughout eternity.
b. If we could possibly imagine for a moment what heaven is really like; we would not trade five minutes in heaven for all of life on earth.
QUOTE: Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, "Oh, when we meet in heaven, we shall see how little we knew about it on earth."
3. I certainly do not pretend to know much more about heaven than you do, and I certainly cannot not tell you any more than what the Scriptures reveal about heaven.
a. However, I think it's good once in awhile to take a closer look at the Scriptures and be reminded of what the Bible does tell us about this exciting and glorious place.
4. Allow me to give you a few thoughts this evening about heaven...
I. HEAVEN IS A PREPARED PLACE FOR A PREPARED PEOPLE
1. Please turn to John 14:1-6
A. Please notice first of all that heaven is a PREPARED PLACE:
1. Jesus said, "I have gone to PREPARE A PLACE for you."
2. Matthew 25:34, "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."
a. Since Jesus created the Universe, He has no problem in preparing or making ready a place for the saints. Col. 1:16, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whet ...
There are 8434 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.