THE Forgotten Generation
MATT. 19: 13-15
APRIL 4, 1993
SERIES: FAMILY ISSUES OF THE 90'S
A. "Today's Better Life" magazine features an article
"Build Your Child's Self Esteem" listing
10 ways to help your child stand a little taller.
1. Learn the art of complimenting.
2. Ask your child's opinion.
3. Pray with and for your child.
4. Answer your child's questions.
5. Keep your promises.
6. Encourage your child to ask questions.
7. Give a reason for your decisions.
8. Let your child teach you.
9. Be willing to apologize to your child.
10. Say I love you.
B. These are excellent principles, but I am
afraid too often the problems, stress, and
pressures of modern life are robbing us of
our ability to exercise these lessons.
C. The problems married couples face, when
not resolved, steal energy, desire, and
willingness to focus on the needs of the
children. Kids are pushed aside as par-
ents focus on themselves.
D. Jesus gave an excellent example of how chil-
dren should be approached. He demonstrated
lessons in love, esteem building, and
I. BE AW ...
There are 12260 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.