This content is part of a series.
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW CAN HURT YOU
MARCH 7, 1993
SUBJECT: MARRIAGE SERIES, 1993
A. You've heard the statement, "What you don't
know can't hurt you. This may be true in
some things but it certainly is not true
when it comes to marriage.
1. Lack of understanding brings problems,
pain, and personal loss. The affects
of lack of standing affects
generations to come.
2. Bible says the most important things
we can acquire in life are: Wisdom
a. Understanding can be compared to
b. Wisdom is the correct
application of that knowledge.
3. No area where this is more needed than
in area of marriage.
4. Most problems people are facing today
involve to some degree, often to a
large degree, marriage.
B. Marriage is taking a bad rap from the media
today. USE BARNA'S STATEMENTS. (Taken from
"The Future of the American Family".)
C. There is good news though.
1. Fewer than 1/10 adults contend that
marriage is outdated and no longer
fits our nation's culture.
2. 7/10 state "if the traditional family
unit falls apart the stabil ...
There are 15561 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.