A Well Balanced Diet
You don't have to be around long to discover that the day in which we live is one of Physical Fitness. This lifestyle is propagated through TV, newspapers, exercise videos, etc. Many conclude that for one for to live a long, healthy life, they must maintain a well-balanced diet. They say that this consists of eating 2000-2500 calories a day, which includes the right amount of protein, carbo's, iron, and fat. Also included is an exercise regimen of twenty minutes a day.
The Apostle Paul, taking on the role of a nutritionist, gives us a recipe, and guideline to maintain in our spiritual life. In thus doing, he prescribes for us a WELL BALANCED DIET. We must let:
I. LOVE OF GOD CLOTHE YOU (v. 14)
PUT ON(lit.): "slip on"
IDEA: of putting on a garment, or a piece of clothing
1. He's instructing us to put on, wear, and be clothed with love.
A. PRIORITY OF LOVE "And above all these things. . ."
What things? V. 12,13
Holiness, Mercy, Kindness, Humility, Meekness, Longsuffering, Forbearance, Forgiveness
1. Before we can do any of the above, we must put on love.
2. Before we can be holy, we must have love; before we can show mercy, we must have love, etc. . .
c.f. I Cor. 13:1; Galatians 5:22
3. Above anything else there must be love.
c.f. John 13:35--"By this shall all men know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one for another."
LOVE IS TO BE THE UPPER GARMENT
LOVE IS TO BE THE CHRISTIAN'S ROBE
LOVE IS TO BE THE MARK OF OUR DIGNITY
4. It must take priority over everything else.
B. PURPOSE FOR LOVE ". . .bond of perfectness.."
BOND(lit.): "control, or tied together"
IDEA: of an adhesive or glue that holds things together
1. Love is that which is in control.
2. The whole purpose for love is so that it can hold everything else together.
The Chicago Daily News ran a story about the Topeka State Hospit ...
There are 4590 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.