This content is part of a series.
Happy Trails To You (2 of 10)
Series: How to Face the Days that are Ahead (Psalm 23)
I. THE LIFE OF HAPPINESS!
a) The Reality of a Life of Happiness
b) The Vitality of a Life of Happiness
II. THE LACK OF HAPPINESS!
a) The Futile Search for Happiness
b) The False Sources of Happiness
III. THE LORD OF HAPPINESS!
a) The Relationship He Declared
b) The Result He Described
1. If you grew up in the 50's, then you no doubt remember the "King of the Cowboys" and the "Queen of the West," Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. Roy, Dale, their horses Trigger and Buttermilk, along with Bullet, Roy's German Shepherd, faced bandits and scoundrels of all kinds in the modern-day Western town of Mineral City. As children (and even parents) we sat through heart-stopping horse chases and dust kicking brawls. But no matter how violent the action got, Roy always maintained his virtue and sense of justice.
2. As a boy, the only thing greater than owning a Red Ryder BB Gun, was being a member of the Roy Rogers Riders Club. To be a member you had to keep the Roy Rogers Riders Club Rules which were:
* Be neat and clean. * Be courteous and polite. * Always obey your parents. * Protect the weak and help them. * Be brave but never take chances. * Study hard and learn all you can. * Be kind to animals and take care of them. * Eat all your food and never waste any. * Love God and go to Sunday school regularly. * Always respect our flag and country. (1)
3. Then of course, at the end of the show, Roy and Dale would always wave goodbye and sing, "Happy trails to you, until we meet again. Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then. Who cares about the clouds when we're together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather. Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.'"
4. If you will allow me a Trivette translation of Psalm 23:1, I hear David saying, "The LORD is my Shepherd, happy trails to you." As we saw in our first message from ...
There are 21438 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.