This content is part of a series.
They Lived Happily Ever After (14 of 14)
Series: The Book of Ruth
Ken D. Trivette
1. We come to the close of the book of Ruth. The book of Ruth is a story that could began with the words, ''Once upon a time,'' and you could certainly end the book with the words, ''And they lived happily ever after.''
2. A little girl had learned the story of ''Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.'' She was telling the story to her mother. When she got down to the place where the prince kissed Snow White and awakened her from her sleep, the little girl said, ''Mother, do you now what happened then?'' The mother knowing how the storied ended said, ''They lived happily ever after.'' The little girl said, ''Oh no, they got married.''
3. In the case of Ruth and Boaz, they got married and they lived happily ever after. Well, I got some good news for you. One of these days we are going to get married and live happily ever after. The last few verses of the Book of Ruth tell us how everything ended up in Ruth's case and they remind us how everything is going to end up in our case.
4. We that are the earthly servants of Christ will one day become the heavenly spouse of Christ. Today we are His workers, one day we will be His wife. One day we will move out of the fields and move into His house.
1. WE SEE OUR WAITING!
1. In Ruth's case, there was a night of waiting. In 4:13, Boaz said to Ruth, ''Tarry this night.'' There was a period of waiting before everything would be legally finalized and personally realized. In our case, we await and anticipate our glorious future and the coming of our Heavenly Bridegroom. He went away and we wait for His return.
A. There Is A Promise On Which To Rest.
1. Notice Ruth 4:13, ''Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsma ...
There are 10724 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.