Look What Jesus Has Done For You
Ken D. Trivette
I Corinthians 12:24
1. There was this tea-totaling mother who was very vocal from time to time about her theory that only grape juice -- not wine - should be served at the Last Supper. During one of these discussions her daughter said: "But mother, don't you remember at Cana Jesus turned the water into wine?" The mother, eyes blazing, said, "Yes! And He NEVER should have done it either!"
2. When I think of all the Lord has done, I am mindful that He never did anything He should not have done. Furthermore, the more I realize what He has done, the more grateful I am for what He has done.
3. I am especially grateful for what He has done for me and for you. I want us to look at three occasions in the Bible when the Lord spoke of what He had done and is doing for us.
4. I want you to notice the two words "for you" that are found in our text. Jesus is describing something that He did "for you." There are three places in the Bible that Jesus used the words "for you." Each of them describes something He has done for you or is doing for you. Let's notice them.
1. THE PRICE HE HAS PAID FOR YOU!
1. [I COR.11: 23-24] ... In I Corinthians 11, Paul looks back to what we often call "The Last Supper." He looks back to the night of the Lord's betrayal and His last meal with His disciples. Paul tells that Jesus took bread, blessed it, broke it, and then said, "Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you."
2. Jesus was telling His disciples that what He was about to go through and what He was about to do was for them. Jesus was speaking of His death and telling His disciples that He would die for them. He was speaking of the price He would pay for them.
3. Paul tells us that the price Jesus paid was not just for the disciples, but also "for you." Jesus died for you. The death He suffered on Calvary and the price He paid on the cross was for you!
4. What was the price Jesus paid for you? The son ...
There are 14990 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.