Sweet Dreams Joseph
Ken D. Trivette
1. I am leery of people who are always talking about how God spoke to them in dreams. I read about one fellow who dreamed he ate a 10 pound marshmallow and woke up and his pillow was gone. Today God speaks to His people through His word, not through dreams.
2. Whereas in the New Testament era God speaks through His word, during the Old Testament era God sometimes spoke to people by dreams. Dreams were especially popular in the life of Joseph.
3. It is interesting the number of times dreams are associated with Joseph:
* (Gen.37:5) ''Joseph dreamed a dream.''
* (Gen.37:9) ''And he dreamed yet another dream.''
* (Gen.40:5) ''And they dreamed a dream.''
* (Gen.41:1) ''And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed.''
4. Every time you turn around, in the life of Joseph, someone is having a dream. In each case we see God foretelling some and it happening just like God said. The dreams in the life of Joseph remind us that God keeps His word.
5. I think of George Mueller. There was a time in his life that he began to ponder the subject of faith and the promises of God in the Bible. Mueller pondered to himself, ''Did Jesus really mean what He said about asking?'' One day, sitting in his room looking out the window, thinking about the promises of God, he saw two little orphan girls who had no one to care for them. Their father had gone down with his ship in the Magellan Straits and 2 weeks before their mother had died of tuberculosis. Knowing the girls, Mueller knew that the 11 and 13 year old girls had 3 younger brothers at home for whom they were trying to care. Mueller thought, ''What will happened to them?''
Mueller turned to an open Bible laying on the table beside him. Suddenly from the scriptures God spoke to his heart: ''Open thy mouth wide and I will fill it.'' On April 21, 1836, Mueller opened his first orphans home in a rented building. Within days, he had 43 children ...
There are 13937 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.